Packaging On Products Is The Main Cause Of Public Littering | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Packaging on products (plastic wrappers, etc) is the main cause of public littering. Why packaging is the main cause of littering? What should be done to solve this problem?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, it is generally acknowledged that the amount of garbage is increasing considerably, and packaging / packaging materials account for a large proportion of such garbage. The reasons for this phenomenon will be outlined in this essay along with the feasible measures which can be adopted to solve this problem.
Multiple factors contribute to this phenomenon. To begin with, in modern society, individuals’ disposable income is surging, whereas the cost of various products is significantly declining. Under this circumstance, most people are attracted to consumerism, and for these consumers, it is a norm to frequently purchase the new versions of some products and throw the packages into dustbins. In addition, these days most products come in plastic packaging which does not decompose easily. They eventually end in landfills or water bodies where they cause considerable damage to the eco-system.
Such an alarming trend can be successfully curbed by some methods. First and foremost, administrative bodies should introduce relevant rules or regulations, stipulating the maximum amount of litter one household can generate. Fining those people whose package litter has surpassed the stipulated amount can curb mindless consumption effectively, since most citizens are cost sensitive. In addition, authorities can encourage manufacturers to use packaging made of non-plastic materials such as cloth, by granting them tax benefits. Consumers should also make a conscious effort to choose products that come in non-plastic wrappers.
In conclusion, the increase in the production of garbage is attributed to excessive packaging of products, and this situation can be improved by encouraging manufacturers to use non-plastic packaging materials.
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- Some People Say Supermarkets Have The Responsibility To Reduce The Amount Of Packaging For Products They Sell | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- PTE Academic Essay | Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products?
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- We Are Producing More Rubbish | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Main Purpose Of Public Libraries Is To Provide Books, And They Should Not Waste Their Limited Resources On Videos And CDs | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, The Amount Of Rubbish Is Increasing Rapidly | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About Excessive Production Of Damage
- Plastic Bags Should Be Banned | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample