Overpopulation Of Urban Areas Has Led To Numerous Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Overpopulation of urban areas has led to numerous problems. Identify one or two serious ones and suggest ways that governments and individuals can tackle these problems.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
These days, more and more people tend to move from smaller towns or villages to big cities, thereby raising the population in urban areas. Overpopulation of urban areas has led to many problems. This essay will highlight some serious issues and subsequently suggest a few solutions to overcome these.
There are many issues caused by overpopulation. Firstly, it creates traffic congestion due to the increasing number of vehicles on roads. As a result, there are more road accidents and subsequently, more air population. For instance, according to a recent article published by the Times of India, there is a 20% rise in air pollution in Delhi.
The influx of migrants from other parts of the country has also increased the cost of living in urban areas because of the increased demand for housing and other facilities. For middle class families, it is becoming difficult to survive. Thus, the growing traffic and the rising cost of living are posing a challenge for individuals as well as government.
To overcome the aforementioned issues, firstly, municipalities must focus on new infrastructure, such as widening of roads, or constructing new flyovers. It will certainly be helpful to reduce traffic to some extent. Secondly, there is an immediate need for more houses. The local government should seriously expand the housing facilities in cities to accommodate more families. Definitely, these suggestions can support to reduce congestion and living cost. To sup up, overpopulation is a major cause of concern in urban areas. There is an immediate need to control traffic congestion by building better infrastructure. It is also important to build affordable housing.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Consequences of overpopulation in urban areas
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- In Some Countries, Governments Are Encouraging Industries And Businesses to Move To Regional Areas Outside The Big Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Problems Caused By Overcrowding In Cities
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay About Over Population In Cities
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Quality Of Life In Cities Is Declining