One Problem Faced By Almost Every Large City Is Traffic Congestion | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
One problem faced by almost every large city is traffic congestion. What do you think the causes are? What solutions can you suggest?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, traffic jam is a major challenge faced by almost all the big towns and cities. An increase in the volume of private vehicles and insufficient utilization of public transport facilities are the causes of this problem.
One of the prime reasons of traffic congestion in big towns is the soaring number of automobiles on roads. This is a problem as the count of vehicles increases on the road it leads to long queues and halts. For instance, in 2014 one of the biggest traffic congestion was reported in china’s capital city Hong Kong which lasted for more than 24 hours. To solve this issue, an odd even policy can be introduced in the chaotic cities in which either even or odd digit license plate would be allowed on the roads on a particular day. As a result, there would be a straight drop in the number of automobiles on roads by 50%.
Another major cause of traffic congestion in large cities is the inefficient use of government transportation system. This is because trains and buses are not always reliable and also frequent services are not available in many areas. This can be resolved if authorities can ensure a comfortable and reliable ride and subsidise public transport. As a result, people would champion the use of government buses and this would eventually decline the volume of traffic on the roads.
In conclusion, traffic congestion is a massive concern in big cities which can only be eliminated by introducing innovative regulations and improving the public transport system.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Providing Free Public Transport Is The Best Way To Reduce Traffic Congestion | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- The best way to reduce traffic congestion in cities is to provide a free public transport service | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing Car Ownership Has Made Many Cities One Big Traffic Jam