On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the costs. Write a letter to the manager of your insurance company. In your letter:
- describe the item you lost
- explain how you lost it
- tell the insurance company what you would like them to do
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
I am writing this letter to report the loss of my bracelet on my recent holiday. I have taken travel insurance and it covers the cost of precious jewelry lost or stolen on the trip if it is declared beforehand.
The lost item is a Swarovski bracelet with a costly blue ruby stone in its center. It has my initials with my birth date engraved on it. The Swarovski crystals are of light pink color with a gold plated silver chain. I lost the bracelet on the fourth day of my trip. On that day, I took part in some rides in an amusement park. I suspect that it fell off my wrist while I was taking the Giant Wheel ride.I realized that it was missing only after returning to the hotel.
I contacted the Lost and Found department of the park, but they do not have any clue. As per the policy regulations, I am eligible for the refund of 80% of the declared cost. I request you to send me the complete list of the documents required to proceed with the claim.
Thank you for your support.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim
- Band 9 Letter Sample | An Insurance Claim
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Your car was hired from a company and while you were driving on holiday, you had a small accident
- A letter to the airline about lost luggage | IELTS letter samples
- Letter To Your Friend Suggesting A Good Place For Holiday | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Sample Letter
- You Traveled By Plane And Your Suitcase Was Lost | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Lost Your Bag On A Flight | A Letter To The Airline