On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
On a recent holiday you lost a valuable item. Fortunately you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost. Write a letter to the manager of your insurance company. In your letter:
1. Describe the item you lost
2. Explain how you lost it
3. Tell the insurance company what you would like them to do.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to file a claim regarding a laptop I recently lost while on a vacation in Dubai. This was a maroon Microsoft Surface 2 laptop which I had recently bought from a mall in Dubai, along with the backpack.
After a long day of sightseeing, I was returning back to my hotel using the public transit when our bus was hit by a car. We were advised by the bus driver to leave the bus for safety reasons. In the rush to get off the bus, I forgot my laptop bag in the bus. I contacted lost and found of the transit company to inquire, but they do not have the whereabouts of this bag and laptop.
I had purchased the travel insurance before going on holiday for covering instances like this, and I would like to file a lost claim for this notebook I have lost. Luckily, I have the receipt from the store as a proof of purchase which I can submit along with the necessary paperwork.
Please consider this letter and the enclosed documents as an official claim submission for my laptop and process the claim after reviewing.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.
- On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- You Have Lost An Item Of Value On A Train | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 Letter Sample | An Insurance Claim
- A letter to the airline about lost luggage | IELTS letter samples
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Your car was hired from a company and while you were driving on holiday, you had a small accident
- You Found Problems With An Expensive Item You Bought | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Just Returned From Holiday And Were Not Satisfied With Your Trip | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample