The table below shows the estimated oil capacity of six countries, in millions of barrels per day, from 1990 to 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with Academic IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 Academic IELTS report
The bar diagram compares the quantity of oil produced by six different countries in four years – 1990, 2000, 2005 and 2010. In general, Saudi Arabia produced the highest quantity of oil in all the four years. By contrast, Qatar produced the least quantity of oil in all the four years. Also, all other nations produced approximately 2 to 4 millions of barrels per day in all the four years.
In 1990, Iran produced a little over 3 million barrels of petroleum. This figure then increased gradually over the years and reached a little over 4 million barrels in 2010. A similar incline was seen in the oil production capacity of Iraq, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates. These three countries could individually produce nearly 4 million barrels of oil on average in the year 2010. Also, except for Qatar, every other country produced the highest quantity of oil in 2010. What is noteworthy is that Saudi Arabia, which already dominated the oil production ability in 1990, had its production capacity surge over the 20 years from approximately 8 million barrels in 1990 to over 14 million barrels in 2010.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Need help with English grammar and writing? Buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar.
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- IELTS report about population in four countries
- Lifestyle of Silkworm And Production Of Silk | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report