Number Of Trips Made By Children In One Country | Band 7 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
The chart below shows the number of trips made by children in one country in 1990 and 2020 to travel to and from school using different modes of transport. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7 Academic IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with Academic IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 Academic IELTS report sample
The bar graph illustrates the number of trips made by children in a particular country in 1990 and 2010. The five modes of transport were car passenger, walking, cycling, walking with bus and bus. Overall, it can be clearly seen that in 1990, walking was the most popular amongst the five means of transport whilst in 2010, car was the first choice of children for transport. While in 1990 car passenger was the least popular accounting for only about 4 million trips, in 2010 cycling became the least popular with 2 million trips. Most children walked to and from school in 1990 and the total trips amounted to more than 12 million. Taking the bus and cycling were the second and third choice with a total of more than 7 million and 6 million trips per annum. Combination of walking and bus made up a little less than 6 million trips in that year and car transport was the least popular at just over 4 million trips annually. On the other hand, travelling by car became the number one mode of transport for children in 2010 amounting to more than 11.5 million trips yearly. This was followed by walking (6 million trips) and taking the bus (5 million trips). Bus with walking and cycling were the least utilised amongst the five modes and accounted for 2 million and 3 million trips respectively.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Oil Production Capacity Of Six Countries | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media
- IELTS report about US University applications
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Academic IELTS Writing Task 1 | Goods Transported In The UK
- Daily Consumption Of Three Spreads Per Person From 1981 To 2007 | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample