Number Of Prisoners In Five Countries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
The table below shows the figures (in thousand) for imprisonment in five countries between 1930 and 1980. Write a report for a university, lecturer describing the information shown below.
Here is a sample report on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The given bar chart shows the number of prisoners in five countries during the period from 1930 and 1980. Overall, it can be seen that the US and Canada had considerably more prisoners than the other countries in all these years. In 1930, while Canada had the highest number of prisoners (120 thousand), Great Britain had the lowest (30 thousand). By 1940, the US had overtaken Canada as the country with the highest number of prisoners at 130 thousand. In the same year, while Canada had 110 thousand detainees, all the other countries had less than 50 thousand of them. In 1950, again Canada topped the list of countries with the highest number of prisoners (115 thousand) with the US closely behind. In 1960, the US again topped the list. Both countries witnessed a dramatic decrease in the number of prisoners in 1970. Interestingly, during this year, the other three countries had roughly 65 thousand prisoners each. In 1980, while the number of prisoners in other countries decreased, the US had a record high of 135 thousand prisoners.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- Canadian Study About Sleep Patterns | IELTS Task 1 Academic Report
- Transport Modes In A European City | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Stokeford In 1930 And 2010 | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Oil Production Capacity Of Six Countries | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Number Of Books Borrowed From Four Libraries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Trends In Tea And Coffee Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample