Canadian Study About Sleep Patterns | IELTS Task 1 Academic Report
The chart below shows the sleep patterns of people in five different occupations according to a Canadian study.
Here is a band 8 task 1 Academic IELTS report on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS report sample
The chart illustrates a Canadian study about sleep patterns of students, truck drivers, full time mothers, business executive and doctors. Overall, the sleep pattern varies according to their occupation with doctors and students having the least and most time for sleep. It can be seen that students and business executives get to sleep for 8 and 6 hours respectively at a stretch. At the first glance, it is clear that doctors get only 5 hours of sleep each day and that too in two stretches from 1 to 3 am and 4 to 7 am. While full time mothers get 8 hours of sleep a day, they can never sleep for more than three hours at a stretch. They tend to be awake during 1-3 am; however, they compensate for that by taking a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. Truck drivers split their 6 hours of sleep into two equal halves, 3 hours in the morning from 7 to 10 am and 3 in the late evening from 4-7pm. Students and business executives are the two categories of people who can enjoy their sleep without interruption. Students sleep 8 hours during the night from 11 pm to 7 am, likewise, executives follow the same pattern; however, they sleep 2 hours less than the students.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- People Sleep Less Than Before | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report About Adult Education
- Worldwide Land Degradation | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Australian Men And Women Who Did Regular Physical Activity | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Trends In Tea And Coffee Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Number Of Books Borrowed From Four Libraries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Nowadays Many People Complain That They Have Difficulty Getting Enough Sleep | Band 7 IELTS Essay Samplw
- Transport Modes In A European City | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample