The bar charts below show the number of hours each teacher spent teaching in different schools in four different countries in 2001. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 8 Academic IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with academic IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Report | Academic IELTS Task 1
The bar graph illustrates the number of hours each primary, lower secondary and upper secondary school teachers in Japan, Spain, Iceland and the USA spent for teaching.
Overall, it is observed that teachers in the United States of America spent considerably more hours for teaching than teachers in other countries. According to the chart, teachers spent the least number of hours teaching primary kids. Primary school teachers in the US spent the most hours (750) teaching whereas their counterparts in the Iceland spent the least hours (>600) teaching. While Japanese primary school teachers spent 600 hours for teaching in 2001, Spanish teachers spent about 650 hours. The teaching hours of lower secondary teachers were higher in almost all countries. While lower secondary teachers in the US spent exactly 1000 hours for teaching, Spanish teachers spent 750 hours. Iceland had the lowest teaching hours for lower secondary at 600 hours. In upper secondary schools, the teaching hours were considerably high. While upper secondary teachers in the USA taught for about 1200 hours, teachers in Iceland and Spain spent 900 hours teaching. Japanese teachers had the least teaching hours at around 700. In conclusion, US teachers spent considerably more hours teaching than teachers in Japan, Spain and Iceland.
Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Task 1 Report About Amount Of Money That US Charity Spent And Received
- Oil Production Capacity Of Six Countries | Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Shops Are Open 24 Hours A Day 7 Hours A Week | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Changes In Annual Spending By A UK School | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- In some countries teachers do not want to work in rural areas | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8.5 report
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Better For Children To Learn A Foreign Language At A Young Age
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skill