Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish. Why do you think this is happening? What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Much advancement in the field of science and technology has resulted in the creation of waste. Industrialization also creates a lot of waste and thus pollutes our environment and water bodies. It is time for the government, the industries and the public to take certain initiatives to reduce the amount of waste produced.
Firstly, science has revolutionized the field of medicine, with the introduction of new treatments to cure diseases. However, this comes at the cost of huge medical waste being produced in the hospitals. For example, earlier hospitals used to sterilize the needles after use, whereas now they have access to disposable ones which are cheap and efficient. Secondly, due to innovations in technology, industries are finding ways to speed up their production process. Because they want to produce more goods in less time, they decide not to recycle items. Lastly, an increase in the number of industries has created more employment opportunities which have improved the people’s standard of living. For instance, people can now afford to buy new mobile phones every 3 to 4 months and discard the old ones. This creates a lot of plastic waste which is not biodegradable.
While it might not be feasible to reduce the quantity of waste that is being produced, the government and the manufactures should take up steps to reuse and recycle. All of us can learn a lesson or two from space astronauts who recycle even urine into drinking water thus eliminating waste. The government must also come up with more programs to encourage the industries to create products that can be recycled, thus educating the people to recycle after use rather than throwing them away.
To conclude, technical, industrial and scientific inventions have increased the amount of waste that is being produced. But, science also teaches us to recycle waste or to use raw materials that produce minimum waste.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- We Are Producing More Rubbish | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | We Are Producing More Garbage Than Ever
- Band 7 essay sample | We are producing more garbage
- Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Sample Report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Effective Way To Reduce Industrial Pollution Is To Tax The Companies That Cause Them
- Band 9 essay sample | Increase in the amount of garbage reaching landfills
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Quality Of Air And Water Is Declining Due To Industries And Construction
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations