Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected personal relationships? Has this become a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Do you have difficulty writing a two-part question IELTS essay? Watch our Youtube video to learn about the correct structure of this type of IELTS essays.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Advancements in technology have changed the way we interact with one another. People often debate whether this development has any negative impact on relationships. In my opinion, although technology has some negative aspects, its impact on our lives has been largely positive. The most important benefit of advanced communication tools is that they enable us to receive instant replies from the other person.
Earlier, people had to wait for a longer time to get reply from the other person. However, with the advances of technology, an individual can communicate from any corner of the world without any interference or dependency on others. For example, the postman used to take days to deliver messages from sender to receiver because that message had to physically travel from its source to the destination. However, same message could be delivered instantly to the other person through digital applications like WhatsApp and Skype.
On the other hand, there is an argument that new age technologies have made people less sociable. They do not interact with their family members or neighbours because they are busy communicating with their virtual friends on Facebook or Twitter. This is certainly an alarming development. Even so, these applications help people to remain in contact with each other even if they are located in faraway places. Using services like Facebook or Instagram, we can keep ourselves updated about the happenings in the lives This is because these platforms provide all the updates about the individual events in life like birthday, hobbies and many others, and these offer an opportunity to the people to interact with one another. By contrast, this was not possible in earlier years, because as a human one cannot remember every aspect of others’ life. Hence, these technologies have brought people closer than before.
In conclusion, new communication tools have certainly made people less sociable; however, they also allow us to stay in constant touch with our near and dear ones wherever they may be. In my opinion, if these tools are used responsibly they are a boon to mankind.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Impact of technology
- Developments in technology are causing environmental problems | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Do high rise apartments make people lonely and unhappy?
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.
- Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample