Nowadays, The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Recent technological innovations have affected the way people communicate with each other. These technological tools have been proved to be extremely useful for families living abroad as well as businesses. Even though these are a few drawbacks associated with the use of technology, this is largely a positive development.
It is much easier these days to get in touch with the family members who live abroad. This was not the case in the past. For instance, these days Skype and Facebook are used to make calls to family or friends overseas and this has made life convenient and hassle free. In the past, people used to write letters and had to wait for a long time for them to be delivered. So, the technological gadgets such as smart phones and the internet help save one’s precious time. Also, these technological advances have helped businesses flourish by allowing / enabling employees to stay connected with one another. For example, emails can be sent to the colleagues and this helps boost productivity as time is not wasted on unnecessary tasks. All this has revolutionized the business sector.
On the flip side, there are a few negative aspects related to the use of technology. For instance, the practice of making relationships or friendships online is fraught with dangers because people often assume fake identities and hide facts about themselves. Teenagers are often affected by this negative trend. For instance statistics reveal that around 8% of people hide their actual identities on Facebook. Since there is no face to face interaction, it can lead to potentially dangerous outcomes.
To conclude, technology has definitely made it easier for people and businesses to communicate with one another. Whether it is good or bad depends upon how we use it. It is recommended that people exercise caution when they make relationships online.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Have A Huge Negative Impact On Both Individuals And Society | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Nowadays people have free access to online movies and music | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample