Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to the invention of newer communication technologies we can now interact with just about anyone with perfect ease. Of course, technology has had both positive and negative impact on our interactions and relationships, but in my opinion, the overall impact is largely positive.
The spectrum of modern innovative means of interactions such as Facebook, Twitter, email, and the mobile phones allows us to connect to people instantly. We are in position to talk to a relative, to order a transaction or submit an application from the comfort of our home. The benefits of such interactions are enormous. First of all they save time. Secondly, at a time of need or emergency valuable help is at our doorstep. More importantly, we have access to more information to facilitate a transaction by the possibility of contacting a source or side. All of these are beneficial for us.
However, there are negative aspects to this type of communication. Most importantly, this media may allow us to relate to people whose backgrounds are unknown to us. Most importantly, new age media enables us to connect with people whose backgrounds are unknown to us. It is important to understand that many people assume fake identities online. Another impact of such interactions is that we get isolated from the society. We may have numerous online friends and we are busy connecting with them, but we forget our immediate friends and neighbours.
Despite the drawbacks, today our lives are so enmeshed in this communication that it is impossible to survive without these means of interactions. More importantly, we are in a position to weed out useless or harmful information if we want to.
To conclude / On balance, it is my opinion that the overall benefits and the advantages of these relationships we build in the cyber world are more positive than negative.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- Many People Believe That Social Networking Sites Such As Facebook Have A Huge Negative Impact On People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, More Of Modern Technology Is Used In Entertainment Which May Lead People To Be Less Creative | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?