Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Given Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, the internet and television have given ordinary people a chance to become famous. Is this a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is surprising how common people are becoming popular in no time, thanks to the internet and television. In my opinion, due to the sheer benefits it brings to humanity as a whole, this trend is largely a positive one despite minor misuse by some.
To start with, the entertainment industry is dominated by nepotism or by those who have money; thus the less privileged people do not get a chance to prove their talent. Due to this reason, the internet is a blessing for those who wish to achieve fame and showcase their hidden talents independently. For example, apps like Star Maker and TikTok which are especially designed to record videos have gained a lot of popularity and have also made people famous overnight.
However, some maniacs can exploit the media and get the fame. Their published contents and views can influence many uneducated and mentally-ill people to follow them. For instance, some channels on social media platform tend to inspire others to carry out acts of violence. They preach violence in the name of Hinduism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Sikhism and make the society unstable and prevent economic development.
To conclude, it can be said that the internet and television have provided numerous ways for showcasing talents to those individuals who do not have wealth or who are not from reputed families. Despite the fact that these channels could be misused by some miscreants, this trend should be considered as a good one due to the numerous benefits it brings.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Ordinary People Try To Copy Famous People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits.
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Television’s role in education
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Some People Believe That Watching TV Is Good And Makes Life More Enjoyable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Television Is Useful In Education, While Others Say It Is Useful Only For Entertainment | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample