Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Give Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, the internet and television have given ordinary people a chance to become famous. Is this a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In recent times, it has become possible for commoners to become popular because of the advent of the internet and television. In my view, this development has a drawback but overall, it is a healthy trend.
The considerable merit is that common people can earn money. Because of their popularity, the general public views the content they publish online frequently and at the same time, they can show advertisements to viewers. Displaying adverts can help them to generate revenue. For instance, many people are uploading videos to YouTube as a means of making money.
Another merit is that they can embark on a career of their liking. Common men can take part in several reality shows which are aired on the internet and television. Being contestants of such shows, they can catch the attention of some individuals who can offer them opportunities to build a career. For example, Arijit Singh, a popular Bollywood singer, could make his Bollywood debut only after being a contestant of the popular television music show India Idol.
Conversely, social media fame has its downsides too. Social media makes people national sensations overnight. Unfortunately, this fame does not always last long. It can lead to depression and even suicides. Many social media personalities committed suicide in recent times. The instant fame and money also make many people overlook the importance of hard work.
To conclude, although social media fame has its fair share of disadvantages, in my opinion, it is also a great opportunity for people to showcase their talent and get paid for it handsomely.
- Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Given Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The media are increasing interest in famous people who have ordinary backgrounds | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Ordinary People Try To Copy Famous People Either By Reading Magazines Or Watching TV | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Ordinary People Try To Copy Famous People | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Advertisements For Charities On Television And The Internet Seems To Be Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Advertisements For Charities On Television And The Internet Seem To Be Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Watching Television Is Bad For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Television Has Destroyed Communication Among Friends And Family | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sports Programmes On Television Are The Reason For The Poor Health Of Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample