Nowadays pollution and wastage levels are increasing rapidly. How does this affect ordinary people? What steps can be taken to overcome this problem.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
These days due to urbanization, the number of industries is multiplying with every passing day and hence the pollution and wastage levels have also increased. Initially this essay will explain the adverse effects on the common people due to the rise in contamination and wastage levels and after that it will discuss some possible solutions to overcome this problem.
To begin with, many individuals are facing physical health problems due to high pollution and wastage levels. Firstly, more people now use their own vehicle to commute there by increasing the traffic and pollution. For example, pedestrians, old aged people and children when exposed to this contaminated environment will not be able to inhale the pure natural air thereby becoming victims of lung cancer. Secondly, toxic industrial waste and non-biodegradable food packaging are not managed properly. They are dumped either in a water body or by the road side and this leads to the outbreak of diseases like flu, diarrhea etc.
However, these issues can be defeated by taking some potential measures. The government should educate people about the importance of maintaining cleanliness and the impact their actions have on the natural world. For example, the government of India has been trying to create awareness among its nationals by introducing the concept of Swach Bharat which discourages people from spitting or dumping waste on the road. After initiating this program, littering has reduced and people have also learned about the importance of maintaining their surroundings clean. Moreover, individuals should take it upon themselves to preserve natural resources by reducing their consumption and buying environment friendly products. To illustrate, people can opt for public transport or carpooling to reduce the pollution and use paper bags instead of plastic which do not cause harm to environment.
To summarize, high levels of atmospheric pollution and garbage have very serious impact on the health of the society. The government should take urgent measures to create awareness and educate people regarding the importance of living in safety and healthy environment.
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- In Some Countries The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Levels of Fitness Are Decreasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, The Amount Of Rubbish Is Increasing Rapidly | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increasing Demand For Flights | What Problems Does This Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Levels Of Youth Crime Are Increasing Rapidly In Most Cities Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Environmental Pollution Must Be Tackled At The International Level | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Effective Way To Reduce Industrial Pollution Is To Tax The Companies That Cause Them
- Levels Of Youth Crime Are Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Should Be Strict Laws To Control Noise Pollution | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Higher Taxes Should Be Collected From Industries Causing Higher Industrial Pollution | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample