Nowadays Plastic Money Replacements Such As Credit And Debit Cards Are Extremely Popular | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays plastic money replacements such as credit and debit cards are extremely popular, even more than banknotes and coins. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
A cashless society has become more popular recently because an increased number of people likes to purchase through electronic transactions, instead of paying cash. In my view, although paying through cards is safe and convenient, the invasion of privacy and overdraft consumption will be a big issue.
The two main advantages of electronic payments are safety and convenience. To begin with, when people pay by cards, they do not have to carry a huge amount of cash in the wallet. As a result, they do not have to worry about getting their money lost or stolen. Paying by cards seems like a safe way to avoid these potential risks and buyers may feel much safer. In addition, plastic money replacements can bring people a lot of convenience. For example, when traveling in Australia, Chinese tourists do not need to exchange their money into Australian dollars and they can purchase any items by their credit cards. This avoids the complex currency process and provides them a wonderful travel experience.
However, the invasion of privacy and overdraft consumption are two significant risks. When purchasing by cards, the government can locate the position of stores and the amount of money spent by the consumer. However, paying with cash can protect consumers’ privacy and their transaction records. Another significant drawback of electronic payments is that due to the easy availability of credit cards people may purchase without consideration and consequences and this can land them into debt.
In conclusion, electronic payments bring a lot of safety and convenience for consumers. However, they do have some downsides as everything bought by a card can be scrutinized by the government. Also, cards encourage people to buy more than what they can afford.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- IELTS essay: Will credit cards replace traditional currency?
- In A Cashless Society, People Use More Credit Cards
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Bank Should Check The Finances Of A Person Before Issuing Credit Cards To Them
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Careless Use Of Credit Cards
- An Increasing Number Of People Use The Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample | Does Money Bring Happiness?
- You Recently Received A Letter From Your Bank That Should Have Contained A New Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Just Received A Credit Card Statement From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Phones Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample