Nowadays people prefer readymade food instead of home cooked food. Discuss the advantage and disadvantage of the same.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is observed that now many people have readymade meal in place of homemade food. In my opinion, this trend has its own merits and demerits and this essay shall throw some light on both the aspects.
Readymade food is gaining popularity because of the convenience provided by it. People can have it while traveling, working or doing some other chore and it saves precious cooking time. Nowadays, everybody is busy and they do not have time to cook proper meals at home. To exemplify, according to a recent survey, 55% of the working population below the age of 45 prefers to have a readymade meal just because it is convenient to have it.
On the flip side, there are some negative aspects to ready-to-eat meals. The most important among them are the health consequences. This kind of food is usually low on nutritional values, and mostly contains harmful preservatives which impact the health negatively since they have carcinogenic properties. It is also thought to be addictive and people who have consumed it once will probably want to consume it again and again. Unfortunately, regular consumption of ready-to-eat food may cause various health problems.
To conclude, the main benefit of readymade food is that it saves cooking time but at the same time it leads to health problems. By contrast, food prepared at home is healthy although it takes a lot of time to cook at home. In my opinion, it is all right to have ready to eat food once in a while, but its regular consumption should be avoided at all costs.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- Nowadays Food Has Become Easier To Prepare | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- You recently bought some food at a supermarket, but, when you got home, you found that the food was in bad condition | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- The Rise Of Convenience Food Helps The Modern Lifestyle | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample