Nowadays people get married and have children after the age of 30. Is it a positive or negative development? Give your opinion and examples based on your experiences.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Marriage is a very important event in everyone’s life. It is a fact that nowadays, people are mostly getting married after the age of 30. I believe that the negative impact of this trend is more serious than the positive impact.
People prefer to marry after the age of 30 because of some reasons. One of the important reasons is that they give priority to their careers first. We want to be financially stable and strong enough to properly take charge of the new responsibility. Financial back-up is very much necessary in order to lead a happy married life. For instance, it is seen that most of the tensions and internal conflicts in families are due to the monetary crisis, which is the biggest threat to any marriage. Therefore, we want to be financially stable and well established in our careers in order to take up any new relationship to the next level.
However, the negative aspect is more dangerous. One of the biggest problems that ladies face after getting married at an advanced age is the risk of infertility. As a result, the entire family suffers for a lifetime, which is emotionally more painful to bear. In a recent study, it was found out that the infertility risk is more for women who are planning to conceive in their 30s and it doubles once they cross the age of 40s. This is a very common scenario among the working women who are highly ambitious and want to be successful in their lives. Unfortunately, if they fail to conceive, then they will pay a bigger price than they bargained for. What’s more, growing cases of infertility is a major threat to our society and our race.
In conclusion, though the positive side of marrying late are certainly evident, the negative impacts are more alarming and therefore they cannot be ignored; hence I believe that such developments are negative for the society.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | The structure of families and roles of family members are changing
- Children Are Facing More Pressures Nowadays From Academic, Social And Commercial Perspectives | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people like to live alone in some countries. What are the reasons? | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- Nowadays Technology Is Increasingly Being Used To Monitor People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample