Nowadays People Are Spending More Time In Workplace And Staying Away From Home | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays people are spending more time in workplace and staying away from home for work. Discuss its advantages and disadvantages with your own experience.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days, more and more employees are devoting more time to their work than their family. This trend has some benefits; however, it has a lot of demerits as well. In this essay, I shall explore the pros and cons of working overtime.
On the one hand, working long hours accelerates a person’s professional growth. As a matter of fact, people who are willing to work beyond standard work hours are more likely to be promoted. They are also less likely to be laid off in the event of a downsizing. In this day and age when competition is tough working overtime is the only option for many employees to stay in their job. When employees are willing to put in more hours, the organization will be able to deliver projects on time and this in turn will improve their bottom line. Companies may also share a part of the profit with their employees by offering them higher salaries.
On the other hand, when people spend too much time at the workplace their family relationships suffer the most. Having little or no time for one’s spouse and children will lead to conflicts within the family. This will increase the stress levels of employees as we all their family members. Stressed out workers cannot deliver satisfactory performance at the workplace even if they spend too much time in the office. Another downside of this trend is that working long hours without taking a break will affect the health of workers. They become more prone to developing various lifestyle diseases like hyper tension, diabetes and cardiac trouble. This in turn will further reduce their productivity by forcing them to avail of more sick leaves.
To conclude, unrealistic targets and tough competition hves forced many employees to work overtime. The main advantage of this situation is that it might improve their chances of getting a promotion or raise. The main disadvantage is that it affects their health and productivity by elevating their stress levels. In my opinion, it is important for employees to strike a work-life balance.
- More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Some People Say That It Is Important To Keep Your Home And Workplace Tidy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Countries With A Long Average Working Time Are More Economically Successful Than Those Countries Which Do Not Have A Long Working Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Women Will Play An Increasingly Important Role At Workplace In Future | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Find It Hard To Balance Their Work With Other Parts Of Their Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- It Has Been Claimed That Workers Over 50 Are Not Responsive To Rapidly Changing Ideas In The Modern Workplace | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?