Nowadays parents are sending their children to trips abroad for educational purpose. What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Today parents encourage young people to go on educational tours in foreign countries. The advantage of this trend is that it allows students to acquire international exposure and gain confidence. The primary disadvantage is that such trips are expensive and also they expose children to security threats.
The primary advantage of sending students on tours abroad is that they can obtain international exposure and learn about diverse cultures as well as life-style across the world. Consequently, this experience widens their horizons and thus helps them think wisely and make decisions in their life. Another important benefit of foreign educational trips is that students learn to be independent and gain confidence. A confident and well-educated young generation will help build a successful nation.
The main disadvantage associated with overseas school trips of children is the lack of protection to children in some countries. In other words, children may not be able to handle the issues in a foreign land. For example, racism is a problem faced by Indian students in Australia. In addition to this, huge money involved in travel including flight tickets, food and accommodation is another disadvantage of this trend. This puts the burden on parents to spend more money than they can afford on their children’s education.
In conclusion, the trend of sending children to foreign nations for educational trips has merits and demerits. It broadens children’s horizons and turns them into confident future citizens. However, security concerns and the cost of traveling are the main demerits of this practice.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Number Of Trips Made By Children In One Country | Band 7 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Children’s Leisure Activities Must Be Educational | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Grandparents Can Take Care Of Their Children | Band 8 IELTS essay Sample
- It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language From Primary School | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children Should Go To Kindergarten Before Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents Buy Their Children A Large Number Of Toys To Play With | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Children’s leisurely activities must be educational
- Some People Believe That Nowadays We Have Too Many Choices | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample