Nowadays, Online Shopping Is Replacing Physical Shopping In Stores | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays online shopping is replacing physical shopping in stores. Do the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, in your view?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
How to better organize your essays? Watch our videos to find out.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Indeed, with the exponential penetration of internet in the society, online shopping has been gaining popularity among consumers. This development has discouraged customers from visiting brick and mortar stores for shopping. In my perspective, online shopping has made buyer’s life more convenient.
There are numerous advantages to electronic shopping. First and foremost, nowadays customers can buy whatever they need and whenever they need in just a single click. In the contemporary world, every individual is bound by umpteen professional and personal commitments and taking out time from hectic schedule is exceedingly intricated. For those buyers, internet shopping emerged as a boon. Now they can shop at their personal convenience. Moreover, internet shopping is not restricted to any region, state or country and therefore it benefits the customer by giving them a plethora of opportunities to choose their favourite local and global brands. In India, for example, buyers can now buy niche brands like D&G and Versace from their international online stores. Hence, it is evident that internet shopping has many fruitful merits for shoppers.
On the down side, there are some disadvantages to this development as it may lead to unemployment. The drastic drop in footfalls in the retail store has been pushing business into loss. To sustain the cut throat competition with online sellers, employers are downsizing, which, in turn increases the unemployment in the society. Also, when people buy online they cannot feel or touch the product. Consequently, it is possible for them to be misled by the images on online shopping sites.
In conclusion, although online shopping may increase the unemployment rate, in my opinion, its benefits like convenience and the opportunity to buy from international brands outweigh the disadvantages.
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- The Recent Popularity Of Online Shopping Will Result In The End Of High Street Shops | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Growth Of Online Shopping Will Lead To The Closure Of Shops In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of People Are Buying What They Need Online | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Local Shops Have Closed Because Of Large Shopping Malls | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Recent Years, Many Small Local Stores Have Closed | Band 8 IELTS Sample