Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays news companies spend a lot of money covering international news. However, local news is more relevant to people’s lives and should receive more funding. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Every second we get bombarded by news from different corners of the world. We receive it on my mobile, in our inbox, on television and in newspapers. There are some media houses which spend a major portion of their budget for covering international news. I think it is also very important that sufficient funding is provided to cover local news thoroughly.
Firstly regional news tends to have a profound effect on one’s life. This is to say, forecast about sudden change in local weather or a traffic jam would have an immediate effect on the day-to-day life of a person. Furthermore, in the event of natural calamities, people should be informed as quickly as possible so that they can take necessary precautions. Introduction of features like local flash news or provision of small window on TV screens for local news, might be helpful.
On the other hand, international news is usually full of violence and misery. Much of it is concerned with wars and conflicts. If people watch these types of news more often, they might feel that they live in a dangerous world. In addition, events happening in one corner of the world usually do not have an immediate effect on the reader in other parts of the world. However, news about local communities helping each other might lift people’s spirit.
In conclusion, events around the world might be interesting to some people; however, in my opinion, local news should be given equal or more coverage in newspapers and on television because it has a greater and often more immediate impact on the reader and the local community.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Stories Are Often Accompanied By Pictures | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | International Sporting Events Are A Waste Of Money And Time
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Governments Should No Spend Money On International Aid When They Have Their Own Disadvantaged People
- Over the last few decades, there has been an increase in international tourism | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | News is often accompanied by images