Nowadays, News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, news companies spend a lot of money covering international news. However, local news is more relevant to people’s lives and should receive more funding. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
These days, news providers such as television channels, online news portals and newspapers are investing a lot in covering international news, and little focus is given to local news. This affects the common man in many ways and hence I believe that local news should be given more importance and hence more funding.
Although many people support the excessive coverage of international news, I believe that this only appeals to a section of the crème de la crème of the society. These elites are interested in this news as it affects their business and travels. Being aware of international news also makes one sound knowledgeable and up to date.
On the other hand, local news is relevant for both the masses and the classes. Local news is important as it affects one’s life more immediately. For example, knowing about a local bus strike much in advance helps you plan your day better. Likewise, local weather information can save us from many unpleasant surprises. Local insights are very important for various businesses. It helps them make their business plans sharper and local news is a cost-effective repository of such local insights. Local news coverage is essential for a healthy democracy as it will make people more aware and conscious of their rights as a consumer, thus helping people ask the government the right questions about various issues/ policies that affect their life.
To conclude, I believe that local news should receive more funding as it is the anchor on which rests the betterment of the society. Of course, international news is important and should be covered too; however, it should not be at the expense of local news.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?
- News Plays An Important Part Of Most People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That International News Should Be Included In The School Syllabus | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Plays An Important Part In Most People’s lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- News Editors Decide What To Broadcast On Television And What To Print In Newspapers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample