Nowadays, more people would rather purchase food than cook at home. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
It is true that these days many people purchase ready-made meals instead of cooking at home. There are many merits to buying cooked food from the market; however, the demerits of this trend cannot be neglected.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Firstly, the foremost reason for buying meals rather than cooking is the convenience. Because it takes time to prepare food at home, many people prefer to buy ready to eat meals. Secondly, purchasing food from the market is cheaper than cooking it at home.
For instance, these days a number of food ordering mobile applications operate in the market and they offer great deals and discounts on food orders. Thirdly, there are different meal options when someone is buying food from the market. Consequently, there are several benefits to this trend because of which there has been a decline in home cooking in recent years.
On the other hand, due to the rise of this trend, the health of individuals is deteriorating. Since people are not eating fresh and healthy foods, they are not getting essential nutrients. As a result, obesity is on the rise which further elevates heart related diseases. A research conducted by Harvard University suggests that in developed countries, junk food is the prominent cause of obesity and heart issues. Therefore, the negative effects of this trend are severe and life threatening.
In conclusion, the ready-made food has become an integral part of a person’s everyday life. However, considering the presented facts, I believe that this practice of buying readymade food certainly brings more harm than good.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Nowadays People Prefer Readymade Food Instead Of Home Cooked Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Rather Than Homemade Food | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- Nowadays Food Has Become Easier To Prepare | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample