Nowadays Many People Complain That They Have Difficulty Getting Enough Sleep
Nowadays many people complain that they have difficulty getting enough sleep. What problems can lack of sleep cause? What can be done about lack of sleep?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In the present scenario, a number of people complain that they are not able to get enough sleep which is required for a body. This situation gives births to many problems like health issues and lack of concentration. This essay will explicate these issues at length and suggest some solutions.
The first and foremost issue caused by sleep deprivation is the inability to focus / concentrate on work or studies. To elaborate, if a person does not take proper rest due to work pressure or family problems, he will not be able to concentrate properly on his work. It will reduce his productivity too. Moreover, this problem leads to many health ailments such as cardiac problems, obesity and hypertension. To be specific, sleep deprived people lack the energy to work out and as a result they live a sedentary lifestyle which is responsible for their obesity and other health problems.
For instance, according to a survey conducted by Harvard University, almost 40% of people are prone to several health problems due to lack of sleep. However, this issue can be tackled by taking some preventive measures. One of them is that people need to make some changes in their lifestyle. To be specific, people who have difficulty getting enough sleep / falling asleep should devote at least 30- 40 minutes of their day to work out and meditate. For instance, an article published in the Times claimed that exercise and meditation proved as a boon for people who were facing difficulty getting enough sleep and even helpful to improve their concentration. What’s more, people should also avoid nicotine, caffeine and alcohol as these substances disrupt their normal sleeping pattern.
To conclude, lack of sleep is a matter of concern nowadays as it leads to many health problems and lack of concentration. So, people should take steps to reduce this problem by reducing the intake of substances that cause sleep deprivation and exercising regularly as it would help them to improve their sleeping pattern.
- Nowadays Many People Complain That They Have Difficulty Getting Enough Sleep | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Many People Complain That They Have Difficulty Getting Enough Sleep | Band 7 IELTS Essay Samplw
- Nowadays Many People Complain That They Have Difficulties Getting Enough Sleep | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Many People Complain That They Have Difficulties Getting Enough Sleep | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Sleep Less Than Before In Many Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Sleep Less Than Before | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increase Of Noise In Our Daily Lives Nowadays | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Sleep Less Than Before In Many Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days Children Have Difficulty Paying Attention In The Class
- Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample