Nowadays many people complain that they have difficulty getting enough sleep. What problems can lack of sleep cause? What can be done about lack of sleep?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to Dalai Lama, the Buddhist monk famous all over the world, sleep is the best meditation. However, a lot of people just cannot seem to get enough sleep. This essay will discuss the main problems of not getting enough sleep and will also suggest solutions which can be taken to tackle this situation.
To begin with, people who work in a fast-paced environment have a hectic schedule. They have various tasks that need to be completed in a stipulated amount of time, and this puts them under tremendous pressure. The major side effect / drawback of sleep deprivation is the lack of concentration. In other words, the person feels less motivated and focussed the following day and this further affects his performance at work. Secondly, the lack of sleep also causes numerous health ailments such as cardiac trouble, diabetes and obesity. In addition, sleep deprived people lack the energy to work out and thus lead a sedentary lifestyle. For instance, according to a recent survey by the ‘WHO’ almost thirty per cent of the people are prone to several health problems due to the lack of proper rest.
However, there are ways to tackle such problems. Firstly, one should make it a habit to exercise and do meditation daily. This is to say, people with sleep deprivation should ensure that they dedicate at least some time of their day for these activities. This will not only help them to sleep easily but also increase their concentration levels. Apart from that, substances that contain caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol should be avoided as it disrupts the regular sleeping pattern. For example, numerous studies have shown that people tend to stay awake if they smoke or consume too much caffeine. Lastly, one should get in touch with the doctor if he/she is unable to get proper sleep before the health further deteriorates.
To conclude, lack of sleep disrupts the brain’s ability to think properly and causes several health issues; however, reducing the intake of substances that cause sleep deprivation and increasing meditation can help an individual sleep peacefully.
- People Sleep Less Than Before In Many Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Sleep Less Than Before | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increase Of Noise In Our Daily Lives Nowadays | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- These Days Children Have Difficulty Paying Attention In The Class
- People Sleep Less Than Before In Many Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Relax Is To Rest Or Sleep | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Some Old People Choose To Live In The Retirement Communities With Other People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Prefer Readymade Food Instead Of Home Cooked Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- Nowadays There Is An Increase In Social Problems Involving Young People Because Parents Spend More Time At Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample