Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Food is now prepared with modern techniques which makes cooking convenient for people. People can now make meals at much greater speed than before, without sweating much. Although this change has brought a lot gains, its drawbacks cannot be ignored.
On the one hand, people are enjoying easy cooking. In conventional methods of cooking, wood was burned to make fire. As the burning of wood produced a lot smoke, it was very difficult for people to prepare food and they often developed a lot of respiratory problems. Additionally, the utensils used for cooking were not very well engineered. For example, there was no way to control the degree of heat emerging from the flames. Also, there were no efficient tools to hold the hot utensils; people often had to use the clothes. Now people have chimney, stoves, induction cook top etc. at their disposal which make it hassle free to cook food.
On the other hand, there are some downsides to easily cooked food. These foods not only cause health problems but also make people lazy / but also develop the habit of laziness in people. Consequently, people with busy life schedules do not maintain a healthy diet and easily become addicted to these items, only to discover their harmful effects at a later date.
In conclusion, advancement of technology has led to easy preparation of foods and eliminated many problems faced in traditional methods of cooking. However, there are certain fast food items people should stay away from to prevent possible health problems.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Fast Food Is Replacing Regular Meals
- Band 8 essay sample | Food travels long distances to reach consumers