Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays families move to different countries for work. Some people think it has a negative effect on children, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Migration for work is a popular trend. While some people argue that it has a bad impact on children, others, however, think that that it is a positive development. I believe that people migrate for better future prospects and it is beneficial for their children.
On the one hand, people migrate to foreign nations because they want to provide a better life for their family and children. Most of these people migrate from under-developed countries to developed nations. This is because most of these developed countries provide free education and medical services to families. To illustrate further, Canada provides free medical care and education to its people. Furthermore, once youngsters complete their education they have much better job opportunities than they could have in their home country. As a result, youngsters feel more secure and satisfied.
On the other hand, others believe that migrating to a new country has a negative impact on children. To start with, they may find it harder to adjust to a new culture. Youngsters need time and friends to adjust to a new society and when they do not find friends, they feel isolated and many of them become the victim of depression. Moreover, a foreign language is another hurdle that they face. Many families who migrate from Asian countries to Europe are not fluent in a local language like English. Due to this, children feel insecure when they try to mingle with locals. For instance, according to a survey by Hindustan Times, 40 percent of Indian Punjabi youth finds themselves isolated In Ontario, Canada because they do not have good command over the English language.
To conclude, although initially, youngsters find it difficult to adjust in a new culture once they learn the local language and start mingling with locals they find themselves in much secure position due to various facilities like better education and free medical services along with better job opportunities in future.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
our grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Rich Countries Should Not Give Jobs To Skilled Workers From Poor Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Moving to English Speaking Countries
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Using A Computer Every Day Can Have More Negative Than Positive Effects On Young Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That People Should Not Continue To Work Once They Reach The Age Of Retirement | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Effects of increasing population
- Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Why Is English Such An Important Language?
- People Are Living An Increasingly Longer Life And There Are More Old People Than Young People In Many Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample