Nowadays Consumer Goods Are Relatively Cheaper To Buy | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays people live in the society where consumer goods are relatively cheaper to buy. Do you think its advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
It is true that consumer goods these days are cheaper than they used to be in the past. Though there are various advantages associated with this, the drawbacks of cheaper consumer goods still outweigh them.
When consumer goods can be bought at cheap rates, their consumption increases. While this is good for the economy, it hurts the environment because more resources are required to produce more goods. This does not help the planet. Another downside of excessive consumption is that it leads to the production of more waste. Actually, garbage disposal is one of the biggest issues we face today. Landfills all over the world are already overflowing. Oftentimes perfectly usable products are thrown away because a slightly better and newer version of the same product has already hit the market and can be bought for the same price. For example, many people these days change their mobile phones every two months. This trend is fuelled by the cheap prices and in my opinion it benefits neither the consumer nor the environment.
Of course, there are some benefits to having cheap consumer products. For example, now mobile phones are quite cheap and consequently almost everyone owns a phone these days. This is certainly advantageous. When mobile phones first became available in the market, they were ridiculously pricey and only the rich could afford to buy them. This was the case with most electronic products ten or fifteen years ago and they had a created a society of haves and have nots. Fortunately, that is not the case today and now regardless of your financial status, you have access to modern technology and other innovations.
In conclusion, cheap consumer goods are certainly beneficial but there is an urgent need to reduce their consumption. While I can understand the argument that everyone should have access to every product in the market, in my opinion, mindless consumption fuelled by cheap prices is in nobody’s interest.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | The popularity of consumer goods is a reflection of the power of advertising
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Today The High Sale Of Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- As Global Trade Increases Between Countries, Many Daily Necessities Are Produced In Other Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The free movement of goods across national borders has long been a controversial issue | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- With Internet Improvements, People Can Share Views Or Opinions On Goods They Have Purchased | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about hand-made and machine-made goods
- Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying A Product Or Service | IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays We Are Producing More And More Rubbish | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample