Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree and disagree?
Here is a band 8 essay on this topic. Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, some of the most famous people in the world are mainly known for their material possessions and image and they can have a negative influence on young people. While I admit that many famous people are popular only for their riches and looks, I do not agree with the argument that all celebrities are bad role models for the society as some of them they can be extremely inspirational for teenagers because of their hard work and lifestyle.
On the one hand, there are many artists who are famous only for being rich and attractive and their behaviour often has an adverse influence on teenagers. They send out the message that in order to be famous, you only have to be rich and beautiful. There are also some who do not mind engaging in acts that are typically considered disgraceful only to grab eyeballs. A typical example of this is Paris Hilton who is famous for being a rich celebrity. She often posts glamorous photos and videos of her wearing designer costumes. She is also often spotted drinking and smoking. This glamorous and lusty lifestyle can often influence teenagers in a negative way. They only see the superficial side of fame and do not understand or appreciate the efforts that go into making one successful.
On the other hand, there are some celebrities who can be a positive role model for young adults. For instance, Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the highest-paid football players in the world because of his determination, talent, and hard work. In fact, he is constantly training and working in order to build his stamina and endurance, aiming to give his best on the field. Therefore, he is extremely inspirational for children and young adults as Cristiano shows that it is essential to fight for our dreams by being a hardworking and perseverant person. Thus, some celebrities can be great role models for today’s society as they teach people pertinent lessons.
To sum up, young individuals can be negatively influenced by celebrities who only flaunt their riches and lust. However, in my opinion, there are also some celebrities who can teach us valuable life lessons by virtue of their accomplishments in life.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Celebrities Are More Famous For Their Money And Glamour
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Nowadays celebrities are more known for their glamour and wealth than for their achievement, and this sets a bad example to young people
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity