Now That Computers Are Used In Education, Some People Think Teachers Do Not Play Any Role In Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The computer is widely used in education and some people think teachers do not play an important role in the classroom. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Invented less than a hundred years ago, computers are an indispensable part of the human life today and are used everywhere, even inside the classrooms. With the increasing popularity of the computers in the education, many people ponder if they will eventually replace the teachers in the classroom. In my opinion, this is very unlikely as teachers play a pivotal role in our lives and cannot be replaced.
Firstly, computers are man-made machines which can store a huge amount of knowledge. Despite this, they are not programmed to think creatively and cannot manage students from different cultural backgrounds. Teaching in a classroom requires individual attention and creativity as children have different caliber and pace at which they learn and absorb things. For instance, a child suffering from dyslexia will require special attention and care while studying and only a teacher can provide this.
Secondly, students can relate to and understand the situation better when a personal touch or examples are involved. Teachers fulfill this requirement by supporting the theoretical studies with the relevant examples about a scenario. In addition, teachers organize different class-room activities such as group discussions and debates to keep students engaged and make learning a fun and frolic experience. Moreover, a teacher can notice even a slight change in a student’s attitude and behaviour and rectify it with proper guidance. Without this kind of interaction and understanding, learning and teaching will be ineffective.
In conclusion, even though computers are a part of our daily routines teachers play an important role in shaping the lives of an individual by enlightening their paths and making them a better citizen and thus, the role played by teachers in education can’t be overlooked.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Will computers replace teachers in the classroom?
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Teachers Have No Place In Modern Education
- In Order To Improve The Education System, Young Students Should Be Openly Allowed To Criticize Their Teachers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should computers be banned from the classroom?
- IELTS essay sample: Television’s role in education
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- A Teacher’s Role Is To Motivate And Inspire Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Books Should Be Stopped In School And That Video Films And Computers Should Be Used Instead | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample | Technology Will Eventually Replace Teachers In The Classroom
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample