Now people wear similar clothes all around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In the past, everyone wore clothes according to their culture but now people wear similar clothes all around the world. Is that a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 8 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Fashion sense around the world is changing. In earlier times, people used to wear clothes as per their customs and beliefs, but these days, people all around the globe are following similar pattern while choosing clothes. In my opinion, it is a positive development.
Firstly, when people from different backgrounds prefer similar clothing it is advantageous for the whole industry. This arrangement makes clothing more affordable because big manufacturers can produce them in abundance. This automatically cuts down the cost. For instance, Levis, a well-known brand in the garments industry makes jeans and shirts in bulk quantity and sells them at a reduced price. By contrast, if they do not do mass production, their cost will increase, making clothes more expensive.
Also clothes like jeans or trousers can be worn by people working in almost every sector whereas the ethnic wear of many countries can only be worn during certain formal occasions. For example, the Indian ethnic wear is not suitable for people working in factories or mines.
What’s more, wearing similar clothes protect a person from many different kinds of discrimination. For example, Japanese and Chinese people wearing shirt and trousers will look exactly the same. Likewise there will be nothing to distinguish between an Indian, a Pakistani and an Afghani is they wore similar clothes. Obviously, if people wore similar clothing, it gives them an appearance of uniformity and equality.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that the trend of wearing similar clothes is encouraging as it benefits both the individual and the economy.
- IELTS essay about people wearing clothes of the same kind
- Band 9 essay sample | Everyone now wears the same kinds of clothes and eats the same food. Is this a positive trend?
- IELTS essay sample | Popularity of western outfits
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Are Buying Fashionable Clothes
- IELTS essay: The clothing and fashion industry have a big influence on people. Is this a good or bad thing?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Popularity Of Fashion Clothes Shows The Tendency Of Human Beings To Copy One Another
- IELTS essay sample: Should uniform be banned?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | We Can Tell A Lot About A Person’s Character From Their Choice Of Clothes
- IELTS essay sample | Differences between nations are becoming negligible
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions