Not Everything That Is Learned Is Contained In Books | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
It is said that “Not everything that is learned is contained in books”. Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic? Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Books have always been a source of knowledge, but they are not the best source. Nor are they the only source. In my opinion, we learn more from our experiences than from books. Also, knowledge gained from experience is more important and valuable than bookish knowledge.
No doubt, books teach us a lot of things. That is the reason they are used extensively in education. Books contain the knowledge and wisdom of learned people. They become a part of our life as soon as we start school, and sometimes even before that. While much of the knowledge contained in books is concerned with facts and theory, it is, nonetheless, useful and valuable. That explains why well-read people are more intelligent and knowledgeable than those who do not read much.
Even so, books are not the best source of knowledge. Actually, we learn a lot more from our experiences and that learning is even more useful. Book knowledge may enable us to get a good job and earn a living, but that alone is not sufficient to go through life. No book can teach us how to deal with each and every situation that we encounter in our life. Nor can it predict the outcome of our actions. No book can teach us how to be happy or content in life. Such knowledge can only be gained from our experience. That explains why experienced people are more knowledgeable and successful than people who only read books. In the workplace, too, people who have experience are given preference to those who only have a degree.
To conclude, knowledge gained from experience is more important than knowledge gained from books because there is more to life than facts and figures. Books can give us guidelines but we can achieve perfection only from our experiences.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e books rather than paper books | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Books Are Losing Importance As A Source Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Replaced Traditional Books As Sources Of Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books