News Plays An Important Part In Most People’s lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
News plays an important part in most people’s lives. Why is news so important to people? Why is so much news dedicated to bad news? Should the news focus on good news instead?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
News enables us to stay updated about the latest happenings around us and that is why it is so important to people all over the world. This essay discusses why media houses give undue coverage to bad news and why it is important for them to shift their attention to good news.
News keeps everyone updated on what is going on nearby and across the world. Hence people follow the news closely in order to keep themselves up to date of the new intentions and matters. News has also become important these days as it keeps us alerted. People know the kind of crimes that are happening in their surrounding and this helps them exercise extreme caution.
These days many news channels aim to center their shows on bad news. This gives them multiple points to discuss which will increase their screen time on the TV. They have more content to debate and more material to air on their news channel. Sometimes these negative stories prove to be a source of entertainment to their audience. For example, there are many shows such as Crime Patrol which are meant to make the public cautious and safe. They became popular because of their thrilling plots high on action and suspense.
However, I believe good news should be broadcasted more as it brings the society closer. Good news cheers the mood of many people and makes them feel better. It also brings a lot of positivity to many sections of the society.
In conclusion, this essay discussed why news plays a pivotal role in people’s life. It has also explained why news channels target only negative sides and why good news should be given more coverage as it creates a sense of happiness among people.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- News Plays An Important Role In People’s Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Although More People Read News On The Internet, Newspapers Will Remain The Most Important Source Of News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should news editors give more importance to good news?
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays News Companies Spend A Lot Of Money Covering International News | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- Band 7.5 essay sample | News is often accompanied by images
- News Stories Are Often Accompanied By Pictures | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers
- Some People Think That International News Should Be Included In The School Syllabus | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample