Multiple Short Vacations Vs One Long Vacation | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe school children should be given multiple short vacations, while others believe they should get one long vacations. Give the advantages of both and express your own point of view.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
While some people are in favour of giving several short vacations to children, others opine that one long vacation is much better. In my opinion, children will benefit more if they get several short holidays during the course of the academic year.
There are many advantages to short vacations. To start with, children can take a break from studies frequently. Sometimes taking a short vacation can help children get rid of their mental stress. Nowadays we see that most children attend private coaching classes after school and hence they get hardly any spare time. This can affect them mentally. However if they have a short vacation in between exams they can relax themselves, get rid of their mental stress and feel refreshed. When they get short vacation, they have enough time to spend with their loved ones. They can go to their relative’s house and spend time with them which we don’t see these days.
Getting a long vacation also has its advantages. When they have long vacations they can join some coaching classes like football coaching, swimming, drawing or dancing etc. They can also travel to distant tourist destinations. However, in my opinion, in this age of intense competition and the pressure to excel in both curricular and co-curricular activities, children need small breaks from time to time to recharge themselves.
To conclude, after analysing both sides of the argument it is not hard to see that there are benefits to both short and long vacations. However, considering the amount of pressure that children have to deal with on a day-to-day basis, I would recommend more short vacations than one long vacation.
Do you an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- Children Are Facing More Pressures These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Linking words: in conclusion, to sum up, in short
- IELTS essay: Causes of excessive pressure on children
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students be separated on the basis of their academic performance?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | A Job for life is no longer a reality. Many people are now employed on short-term contracts
- IELTS Essay: Kids today are not as fit as they were in the past
- Children Will Benefit From Attending Nursery School Before Primary School