Most people prefer ready to eat food than home-made food now. Do you think it has more advantages or more disadvantages.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The number of people eating fast food has been increasing since the last decade. The health problems associated with its consumption and increased financial spending outweigh the nominal benefits provided by it.
The only benefit of ready to eat food is that it is convenient. These days in many families both the husband and the wife work and they do not have time to cook proper meals. Consequently, they opt for fast food which they can buy from a store and eat without having to spend hours for cooking. Also, fast food may taste better because of artificial flavours and additives added to them. This is what attracts children to packaged foods.
On the flip side, in spite of the minor advantages mentioned above, there are potentially dangerous drawbacks associated with fast food. One of the major issues is obesity. This is because sandwiches, burgers or pizzas contain very high amount of calories. This exceeds the daily dietary requirement of most people, and as a result they suffer from obesity and related diseases. In addition, convenience foods rarely provide adequate nutrition. Consequently, children who consume them regularly fail to develop normally. Another issue associated with the consumption of fast food is that they are expensive. They can hurt the budget of middle and low income families.
In conclusion, the trend of people eating ready to eat food is associated with more drawbacks than benefits. It is hoped that people will realise the goodness of home-made meals and go back to them.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Fast Food Is Replacing Regular Meals
- IELTS essay about unhealthy eating habits in children
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods