Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Rather Than Homemade Food | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Most people prefer ready to eat food rather than homemade food now. Do you think it has more advantages or more disadvantages.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
The modern lifestyle and hectic schedules are encouraging more and more people to consume ready to eat food. In my opinion, it is a negative trend because readymade food lacks nutrition and its regular consumption will lead to various health problems.
Everybody is busy these days. In most families now both parents work and neither has time to cook proper meals at home. Readymade food that can be bought from stores is hugely popular with these people because it helps them save time. Also, in some cases, packaged meals are less expensive than regular homemade meals. Better still, they are available in a variety of tastes and flavours. All of these factors encourage the consumption ready to eat meals. Unfortunately, convenience is the only advantage of ready to eat meals.
Regular consumption of readymade food leads to various health problems in people. They contain high levels of preservatives and additives that can cause various diseases like cancer and kidney trouble. Also, fast food is full of calories and deficient in nutrients. If it is consumed on a regular basis, it will lead to obesity, diabetes and heart trouble. It is also addictive and makes people want to consume it again and again. Children are the worst affected by fast food consumption. During their developmental stage, they need a lot of nutrition which only home cooked meals can provide. Needless to say, kids who subsist on a diet of fast food tend to have developmental issues. They may also suffer from behavioural issues because the high sugar and energy content of junk food can make them restless and hyperactive.
To conclude, after analysing the situation, it is not hard to see that there are more disadvantages than advantages to the consumption of fast food. Readymade food certainly makes our lives more comfortable by eliminating the need to cook. Unfortunately, it also makes us unhealthy by depriving us of essential nutrients.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays People Prefer Readymade Food Instead Of Home Cooked Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Prefer To Eat At Food Stalls Or Restaurants Other People Prefer To Prepare Food At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample about increasing tax on food items
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Rise Of Convenience Food Helps The Modern Lifestyle | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Food Has Become Easier To Cook | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample