Most people accept that we now live in a globalised world but not everyone agrees this is beneficial | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Most people accept that we now live in a globalised world but not everyone agrees this is beneficial. To what extent is globalisation a positive or negative development? Give reasons for your answers and include relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The world witnessed a lot of diverse developments in the 21st century. One such important development is globalisation and it has influenced every aspect of life. Many people are excited about living in a globalized world, yet a few people believe that globalization is not beneficial. A careful analysis shows that globalisation has both merits and demerits.
Globalisation offers us a plethora of merits. The most important one among them is the easy availability of services and products. It is because of globalisation, the services or products available only in selected countries are now available around the world. For example an Apple iPhone gets its motherboard and the phone body manufactured in USA and China respectively. This gets assembled in another country where it is sold. Globalisation has an additional advantage of increasing the employment opportunities in developing and under developed countries. Globalisation also helps to reduce the price of products by getting them manufactured in countries where the labour cost is low.
On the flip side, the negative aspects of globalisation cannot be wished away / cannot be overlooked. It interferes with the tradition, culture and the way of living of a country in which it is implemented. Globalisation enables multinational companies to exploit the natural resources of poor countries. To consider an example, beverage companies established in India have their presence in river beds. They consume gallons of water and affect the agricultural activity, which is the backbone of the country. Therefore globalisation alters the existing activity in a country to bring in a new service.
To recapitulate, even though globalisation has become essential for the ease of living, it also endangers the way of life in many countries.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Wealthy Nations Should Accept Refugees
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of globalisation
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?
- Band 8 essay sample | Birthrates are dropping in the developed world
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | As People Live Longer The Retirement Age Should Be Increased
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country
- IELTS essay sample | Were older technologies more beneficial than newer technologies?
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?