Most Employers Do Job Interviews Before Offering A Position To A Person | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Most employers do job interviews before offering a position to a person. Do you think this is the best way to do it, or are there better alternatives? What is the best method of choosing employees in your opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
For finding an efficient candidate for a particular post, employers often consider interviews as the most reliable method; however, others believe that there are also many other important criteria based on which an appropriate employee can be chosen. I completely agree with the above statement as there are also other essential things to keep in mind before appointing anyone.
To commence with, primarily the most important thing is the theoretical knowledge of the eligible candidate which can be judged by conducting a written test. The scores of this test will reveal whether the candidate has essential knowledge mandatory for that particular job. Moreover, sometimes theoretical intelligence is not sufficient so practical performance should also be tested to check the capacity of an individual. For instance, the computer proficiency of an applicant can only be measured through a practical test. So interviews cannot be solely considered as the best way for choosing a person for a job.
Further reinforcing my views, previous work experience also plays an important role in perfecting the skills of an applicant. So quality and quantity of earlier experience would also be helpful to shortlist the eligible candidates from among several applicants. Besides this, for some specialized jobs, communication skill is essential for doing the work appropriately. To exemplify, customer service managers most efficiently interact with the customers to understand and resolve their problems. Apart from it, a medically ill person cannot give his best to his job so medical fitness test should also done before the appointment of a person.
To conclude, although interviews are important the employer must consider other effective / proven ways as well for choosing an appropriate person for any company or institute so as to produce a productive and motivated team of workers.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Are Interviews The Best Method Of Choosing Employees?
- Band 9 essay sample: Do you think interviews are the best method for selecting candidates?
- Employers Collect Personal Information From Job Applicants | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Employers Sometimes Ask People Applying For Jobs For Personal Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- Employers Sometimes Ask For The Personal Information Of Employees | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Sometimes Ask For Personal Information Of Job Applicants
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Employers Sometimes Ask For The Personal Information Of Applicants | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample