Most employees do job interviews before offering position to a person. Do you think this is the best way to do it or are there better alternatives? What is the best method of choosing employer in your opinion?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The functioning of businesses has changed drastically over the past few years and so does the recruitment process. Some believe that the best approach is interviewing the potential employees while others have arguments against this method or practice. In my opinion, job interviews along with initial training are the most effective methods.
Generally, the recruiters hire the candidates by interviewing them about their personal and professional life. This helps them to create a first impression about the applicant. Also, this method gives the employers a great opportunity to test the knowledge and problem solving skills of the future employees. However, this approach is often considered as an unreliable one due to the fact that the competencies of a person cannot be evaluated in one meeting. Moreover, it sometimes leads to biased decisions. For example, it is commonly seen that interviewers are more inclined towards candidates that have the same opinion as them and may even reject other skilled interviewees.
On the other side, there are also other approaches that a human resource department may consider while selecting employees. This includes initial training and performance evaluation before hiring an applicant. This will not only enable the organisation to evaluate the conceptual and technical skills but also help the prospective employee to understand their culture and work environment. For instance, most behavioural science organisations train and test their applicants to evaluate their capabilities.
Thus, there are numerous approaches to choose the best match for the job position. I believe that rather than just interviewing the individual, a recruiter should always employ methods that will also examine the candidate’s compatibility with the organisation by conducting performance evaluation tests.
- Most Employers Do Job Interviews Before Offering A Position To A Person | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most Employers Do Job Interviews Before Offering A Position To A Person | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Are Interviews The Best Method Of Choosing Employees?
- Band 9 essay sample: Do you think interviews are the best method for selecting candidates?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Employees Lack Interpersonal Skills
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some Businesses Find That Their Employees Lack Basic Interpersonal Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
- Employer Should Pay Attention To The Personal Qualities Of Employees | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample