More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Most artists earn low salaries and should therefore receive funding from the government in order for them to continue with their work. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people believe that artists do not earn a decent salary and hence they should receive some financial help from the government so that it is easier for them to continue with their jobs. I disagree with this statement because artists nowadays receive help from many non-profit organisations and also because technology has made it easier for them to get recognised globally.
Creative people these days receive a lot of help from companies which believe in preserving art and nature. These organisations provide financial help to any person who has genuine talent in the field of art. They even provide career opportunities to them and market their work and ideas across the world. For example, the Global Art organisation in the UK provides a medium to help people who are interested in creating new art and preserving the existing one for the society. Consequently, there is no need for the government to fund them separately.
Artists have also started receiving global recognition due to the advent of technology. The use of various visual media and advanced creative software has made it easier for them to create better design and sell them internationally. Since the financial dealing is done with people from across the world these artists can earn in international currency directly from their homes. These days, people’s love for abstract paintings and sculptures are on the rise and they can be sold to anyone by simply video conferencing with the customer anywhere. Therefore, as artists are earning in different currencies it is not necessary for the government to fund them anymore.
To conclude, there is no need for the government to support the artists financially any longer because there are many art loving organisations that willingly support them. At the same time, due to worldwide marketing they have started being recognized by many people and hence it is easier for them to sell their work.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Governments Support Art And Artists?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | In some countries, a few people earn extremely high salaries
- In Some Countries, A Few People Earn Extremely High Salaries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- Some People Think That The Government Should Cap The Salaries Of People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should give money to homeless people
- IELTS essay: Are artists valuable to society?