More And More Work Is Being Carried Out By Machines In All Areas Of Our Lives | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more work is being carried out by machines in all areas of our lives. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this development?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
After industrialization there is no denying the fact that the technology is progressing day by day. Today a great deal of work is performed by machines in every walk of human life. This trend has both advantages and disadvantages that I will discuss in this essay.
To commence with, automation has benefitted our lives in numerous ways. Firstly, the efficiency of machines has saved people time and energy. For instance, in factories, the manufacturing of goods and packaging of items are handled by machines. As a result, employees are less subjected to workload. Secondly, the same machine can perform multiple tasks such as printing, scanning and copying and this contributes to time saving. Moreover, household appliances have made it easy to perform daily chores / day to day domestic chores.
Conversely, increased utilization of machines reduces physical activities of an individual. Therefore, reduction in physical stamina is evident nowadays. In fact children, for instance, deal with growth disorders and lethargy due to continuous use of computers and electronic gadgets like laptops, tablets or smart phones in their leisure time rather than playing outdoor games. In addition to that, industrial revolution has increased unemployment rates as human labour is replaced by machines. Moreover, breakdown of machines create a great deal of interruption in work. Thus, total dependency on machine is unreliable.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that many tasks are being performed by machines in every sphere and they save energy and time. However, dependency on machines can affect the heath of an individual and cause a decline in the employment ratio of country.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- More And More Work Is Being Carried Out By Machines In All Areas Of Our Lives | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Things That Used To Be Done In The Home By Hands Are Now Being Done By Machines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Tasks Are Being Performed by Robots At Home And Work
- More And More People Are Suffering From Health Problems Caused By Modern Lifestyle Which Cannot Be Cured With Modern Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That People Should Not Continue To Work Once They Reach The Age Of Retirement | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample about translation apps
- Band 7 essay sample | Technology is responsible for unemployment
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs