More and more work is being carried out by machines in all areas of our lives. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this development?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
There is no denying the fact that with the advent of technology, most of the work in the modern era is being done with the help of machines. This essay intends to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of this development.
On the positive side, the use of machines has helped to reduce human effort and time being spent at workplaces. Machines have also helped enhance productivity. For instance, a packaging company which packs various products like cookies, peanuts, fruits or vegetables, are now able to package several hundred pieces at the same time with the use of conveyer belts and sealing machines whereas in the earlier times, they needed lots of manual labour and several days to complete the same task.
On the negative side, manual work being replaced by machines, poses a serious threat to the health of an individual. Thanks to the availability of home appliances like grinders and facilities like online shopping, people no longer have to flex their muscles to get the job done. This transition from an active lifestyle to a sedentary lifestyle hurts their fitness levels and leads to various diseases in the long term. In addition to this, as most of the work is done by robots, the need for human labour is decreasing and this ultimately leads to unemployment.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that machines are efficient tools for saving time, energy and man labour, but at the same time excessive use of machines in the workplace leads to unemployment. Over dependence on machines also causes health problems in humans.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Technology Is Improving The Lives Of Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Things That Used To Be Done In The Home By Hands Are Now Being Done By Machines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- In some countries teachers do not want to work in rural areas | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Computers Have Changed Our Lives For Good
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Essay: Our grandparents think that their lives were simpler and better
- IELTS essay sample | Governments should take action to ensure that people lead healthy lives
- In Some Countries, Governments Are Encouraging Industries And Businesses to Move To Regional Areas Outside The Big Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample