More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge On Extinction | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The last few years have experienced burgeoning growth in the number of animal species facing the threat of extinction. In my opinion, this happens mainly due to hunting and changing environmental conditions. Some measures can be taken to prevent the situation from getting worse.
Firstly, man hunts animals not only for food but also for aesthetic products. Owing to the fact that some animals have commercial value, hunters exploit them. For instance, tiger skin is used widely for making mattresses and blankets, and this leads to indiscriminate killing and the extinction of this species, because people show interest in buying exquisite products. Although every animal is not for food, some cuisines include wild endangered ones. Secondly, due to human intervention in the previously unexploited areas, climate has changed which makes it difficult for some species to survive in their natural habitat. For example, Penguins are in the endangered list as global warming poses threats to their survival.
One way to protect endangered animals is to rehabilitate them in artificial environment such as zoo. Some animals may have special dietary and environmental needs which are only possible if they are treated separately. Another possible solution is to establish breeding program so that there can be an improvement in the number of younger ones. Also, if strict action is taken against those who violate the law and poach wild life, then the extinction due to human intervention can be avoided.
To conclude, a variety of factors such as human intervention, excessive poaching and change in climate cause the extinction of wildlife. By enacting stringent ant-poaching laws we can improve the situation to a great extent. It is also important to protect endangered species in zoos and dedicated wildlife sanctuaries.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many animals are being hunted to the brink of extinction. How can this issue be tackled?
- Many People Think That We Have To Focus On The Extinction Of Certain Animal Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had A Negative Effect On Plants And Animals
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had Significant Negative Impact On The Planet
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Wild Animals Living In Cities Should Be Killed