More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more people in developing countries are purchasing cars for the first time. What problem does this cause? What do you think are the possible solutions?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is indeed true that the number of cars on the roads is increasing day by day in developing nations. While there are some potential downsides to this development such as traffic congestion and environmental pollution, I believe that necessary steps can be taken to curb the problem.
Numerous problems will arise when more and more people buy cars. One of the obvious problems is that it will lead to traffic congestion in the cities. As a result, people have to waste their precious time and also there is unnecessary waste of fossil fuels when people stay for a longer time in traffic jams. For example, in my country India, people in most of the major cities like Delhi and Banglore, spend hours in traffic during peak hours. Another potential problem will be environmental pollution. If the number of cars increases, it will lead to more pollution in the environment. Most cars run on petrol and diesel and they emit harmful gases which will cause in depletion of the ozone layer.
However, I believe that switching to electric vehicles would be the best possible solution to curb down pollution. Electronic vehicles run on batteries which can be recharged. Also, they emit minimal waste to the environment. That is why the government should invest more in such projects. Apart from that the government should encourage people to use public transport or do carpooling. This is because it will lower the number of cars on the road and also reduce the level of air pollution.
In conclusion, I reiterate that the increasing number of cars will lead to potential problems; however, switching to electronic mode of transport and encouraging people to share rides would minimise the problems.
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Why do people buy cars
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Cars Has Increased Significantly In Major Cities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: How to reduce the number of cars on the road
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Some people say that cars are best to use in cities while others think that bicycles are better | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample