More And More People Are Working At Home Rather Than In The Workplace. Some People Think This Will Bring Stress To Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more people are working at home rather than in the workplace. Some people say this will bring benefits to the workers and their families, others think this will bring stress to the home. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
An increasing number of people are choosing to work from home in recent years. While some people insist this trend is beneficial for the employees and their families, others argue that it causes unnecessary tension at home. In this essay, I will discuss both sides of the argument and explain my support for the latter view.
On the one hand, those who advocate that working from home is useful for the workers and families feel that it gives them the flexibility to work as per their convenience. This is because when they are not going to the job they need not follow the usual office hours. As a result, they choose to work at a time when their productivity is the highest. Furthermore, by not going to office, they save travelling time which can be utilized to work on their assignments and finish them early so that they can spend more time with their family members.
On the other hand, for many reasons, I believe that this option leads to more tension in the family life. Firstly, there is no limit to how long one should sit and work at home. This absence of rules at home usually leads to people working longer than normal routine, which is one of the prime reasons for domestic fights. Secondly, people miss important informal communication that happens over tea in the office. For example, they may not get to hear about new vacancies that have arisen in the workplace. This can result in frustration and they might take this out on their family members.
To conclude, although working from home provides one with the convenience of working at any time and the opportunity to spend more time with family I believe it can lead to tense situations at home because of lack of set rules and the chance to socialize with co-workers. Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Band 7 essay sample about working from home
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some People Believe That Working From Home Only Benefits Employees
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Some People Say That It Is Important To Keep Home And Workplace Tidy | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Working From Home
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Many Working People Get Little Or No Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample