More And More People Are Becoming Seriously Overweight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more people are becoming seriously overweight. Some people say that increasing the price of fattening foods will solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that many people are getting too fat these days, and it is the most serious health concern of the day. In order to address this problem, some opine that the prices of unhealthy foods should be increased. While I agree with this point to some extent as this can stop people from eating too much fast foods, I would also argue that other measures are necessary to uproot this mammoth problem.
To begin with, if the price of the junk foods which make people corpulent is increased, then they will seldom buy these types of items because of the high cost. A recent survey published in Hindustan Times, a well-known Indian newspaper, gives evidence that by imposing extra tax on the high-calorie foods, like burgers, cakes, and pastries, the Delhi government encouraged their residents to cut the consumption of these food items by a half. However, this cannot fully overcome the issue of overweight / obesity because it is nearly impossible to stop people from craving for fast foods even after increasing their prices.
Nevertheless, the other method that can play a pivotal role in tackling this conundrum is to motivate people to do more physical activities. The reason for this is that most of the people, especially in the big cities, do the desk job where they have to sit on a chair for the whole day; that is why lack of physical movement of the body is making them obese. The best we can do in this scenario is to create awareness among people about the benefits of body exercise and encourage them to spare some time from the day for their physical well-being. Consequently, adopting these habits might succour people to overcome the issue of heavy body weight.
To recapitulate, it is undeniable that myriads of people, nowadays, are gaining a lot more weight. Although making fattening food pricey for the general people can reduce this issue to some extent, to fully eradicate this issue people should get up from their couches and engage in physical activity.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- More And More People Are Becoming Seriously Overweight | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- The Percentage Of Overweight Children In Western Society Has Increased By Almost 20% | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods
- The Average Weight Of People Is Increasing And Their Level Of Fitness Is Decreasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample | Causes of Obesity
- Balanced Diet Is The Key For Good Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- Parents Of Obese Children Should Be Punished For Making Their Children Fat | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample