More And More Businesses And Individuals Are Choosing To Communicate Using Technology | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
More and more businesses as well as individuals are choosing to communicate either professionally or socially using technology rather than being face to face. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using technology for communicating.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Most of the communication happens over mobile phones or internet chat nowadays. New channels of communication are used not only by businesses to reach out to their customers but also by individuals to connect with their near and dear ones.
Undoubtedly, these modes of communication have several benefits as they help in saving a lot of time and allow people to reach out to someone irrespective of their physical location. However, the rapid increase in use of mobile phone and internet for communication will certainly make the practice of physically meeting a person obsolete. To commence with, technology has completely changed / revolutionized the way communication happens in contemporary times. A person receives an instant response from the other person by making use of modern communication channels. Firstly, it saves a lot of time that could have been wasted in meeting someone personally and secondly, it eliminates the need to be physically present in order to make communication possible. According to a study by New York Times 90 percent of Americans use either mobile phones calls or instant messaging services like Whattsapp or Facebook messenger to talk with their friends instead of meeting them in person. The above discussion underlines the positive impact technology had on the way people communicate as it very much time effective.
However, it must be kept in mind that rising dependence on the internet or mobile phones for communication has started to show its negative side as well. It has the potential to spoil the social life of a person as people are becoming less interested in personally meeting their friends or relatives. There have been a few instances where some youngsters went into depression after confining themselves to their room and not meeting their friends. Although a person can talk over phone or a video call to someone, it cannot replace the joy of physically meeting somebody. Hence, it is advised to limit the use of technology for communicating with your friends.
To sum up, we can say that the modern modes of communication have totally transformed the world as they are the most preferably used channels by people as well as by businesses. A person saves a lot of time because these devices rule out the need for a person to be physically present if he wants a discussion with somebody. However, it is advisable to limit the use of devices to communicate because over usage may lead to a person feeling isolated or depressed.
- More And More Businesses As Well As Individuals Are Choosing To Communicate Using Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays Better Communication Technologies Are Available And Hence People Can Communicate In Numerous Ways | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay about mobile phones and young children
- Excessive Use Of Smartphones Affect Literacy Skills Of Students | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many people believe that mobile phones cause more harms than the benefits | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- In The Modern World, It Is Possible To Shop, Work And Communicate Online Without Face To Face Contact With Other People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample